Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The rich get richer!

With the stock market in free-fall Banks around the world poised for collapse, and our elected officials talking about a trying to avoid a worldwide depression: I just received an email from Bentley telling me about their new, more deluxe version of the Arnage.

I'm not sure what is wrong with their marketing team that they believe that I might be a possible customer, but it is fun to pretend.

They begin by telling me how the auto is very exclusive. and that they will limit the edition to just 150 cars worldwide. This is truly good to know, otherwise I would expect to see one of these $275,000 cars parked in every driveway.
"Through a combination of commitment and timeless tradition, the Arnage Final Series is destined to become a true British classic".

"The sumptuously crafted interior of the Arnage Final Series features a waistrail with inset chrome strip and recessed Bentley marque badges, a leather steering wheel that has taken more than 15 hours of hand stitching, along with a burr walnut cocktail cabinet and veneered picnic tables."
When I read the car comes with a "Burr walnut veneered picnic tables", I can't help but find it difficult to picture the passengers actually making their own lunch. I find the image of the "Staff" preparing this "Picnic". Perhaps, the very thought that I would object to someone eating in my new $275,000 car, proves I can't afford to own one of these automotive works of art.

Of course I am not surprised by the fact the car sips gas at a rate of 9.8mpg Urban, clearly, the cost of petrol is beneath concern. That said I am a bit surprised by some of the options that do not come as standard equipment. For example the Silk Curtains to Rear Compartment will set you back an additional $9,490. And what's the use of having the curtain with out having a need for privacy, like maybe when you use the Entertainment Combination system that can be added for just $34,290.

Max. Speed 179mph / 288km/h
Acceleration 0 - 60mph 5.2 seconds
Acceleration 0 - 100km/h 5.5 seconds
Acceleration 0 - 100mph 12.1 seconds

The thing about buying a car like this is that you are buying into a "Lifestyle"
So how can you just skip over the matching luggage (sold separately)
For example this bag can be yours for just $2,500.

Well with all of the forclosures, Pink slips and general hard times that we find ourselves in today, it is nice to know that there will always be those that have a different set of problems; like should I buy the car in black or silver.
Larry Lubell

No comments: